Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Email: Email Me
Attorney Michael L Feinstein is AV Preeminent peer review rated * through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating, and has been a member of the Florida Bar since 1987. Mr. Feinstein is currently a Florida Licensed Real Estate Broker since procuring his Broker’s license almost 35 years ago.
Michael began his business career at 18 years old when he procured his Florida Real Estate Salesman’s License. While in his second year of law school Mr. Feinstein procured his Florida Real Estate Broker’s License and formed his first corporation, MLF Realty Inc. that he registered as a Florida Real Estate Brokerage Corporation and also conducted business as a Florida Mortgage Broker for 25 years, until expiration of his license on December 31, 2010.
In addition, Mr. Feinstein operated his real estate and mortgage brokerage business out of his family real estate development and General Contracting office, where large-scale developments and commercial shopping centers were acquired, permitted, developed and constructed, mostly in Broward County Florida.
Thereafter, Mr. Feinstein also became a partner in a real estate development business for approximately 10 years, rehabilitating, redeveloping and reconstructing obsolete Walgreens and Winn-Dixie stores throughout the State of Florida.
Mr. Feinstein has also been developing mountaintop vacation homes in Blue Ridge Georgia since 1995 and has been VP and General Counsel of Hemptown Heights Development Corporation since that time.
For the past 32 years, Mr. Feinstein has employed his 40 years of business experience, representing clients in all aspects of business and real estate. He has worn every possible hat, one could wear in a real estate or business transaction, whether representing seller, borrower, lender, investor or in his capacity as an real estate broker, mortgage broker and/or serial entrepreneur developing and investing in real estate.
Accordingly, Mr. Feinstein employs a business first approach, while representing his clients, while utilizing his combined and extensive business experience, in representing his high net worth clients in complex commercial litigation and/or high dollar transactions and business matters.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate & Business Law
- Complex Litigation
- Construction Lawsuits
- Real Estate Transactions
- Contract Drafting & Litigation
- Creditor Representation
- Employment Law
- Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Florida, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- Nova Southeastern Law University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Juris Doctor – 1986
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Bachelor of Science – 1983
- General Bank, F.S.B v. Westbrooke Pointe, Inc., 548 So.2d 736 (Fla. 3d DCA 1989)
- Video Indep. Med. Examination, Inc. v. City of Weston, 792 So.2d 680 (Fla. 4th DCA 2001)
- The Credit Counseling Foundation, Inc. v. Hylkema, 901 So.2d 892 (Fla. 4th DCA 2005)
- HGI Associates, Inc. v. Wetmore Printing Co., 427 F.3d 867 (11th Cir. 2005)
- Fareri v. Farmer, 10 So.3d 1200 (Fla. 4th DCA 2009)
- JRG Constr. v. Deka Realty Corp., 50 So.3d 612 (Fla. 3d DCA 2010)
- Surtain v. Caprio, 82 So.3d 831 (Fla. 4th DCA 2011)
- Davis Gardens Estate, Inc. v. JRG Constr., Inc., 83 So.3d 730 (Fla. 3d DCA 2012)
- Bowman v. Coddington, 517 Fed. Appx. 683 (11th Cir. Fla. 2013)
Honors and Awards
- AV Peer Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Broward County Bar Association
- Florida Association of State Troopers, Special Counsel
- Florida Lawyers Network
- Florida Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Rotary International